There are two sets of instructions: how to connect from a
ME cluster PC; and how to connect from your own PC
There are two sets of instructions: how to connect from ME cluster computer; and how
to connect from your own PC using SecureFX.
Note: MAC users should use fetch. A copy can be downloaded
Using a computer in an ME cluster
- Log into one of the computers
- A dialog box should appear asking to obtain a new afs token. If it does not, start an OpenAFS client
from the programs menu and then select the token tab.
- Change the afs cell domain from openafs.org to athena.MIT.edu.
your user name and password.
- Click on the lock icon in the toolbar on the bottom right of the
screen (AFS client).
- Select the drive letters tab and click on the add button.
- Select a free drive from the combo box (g should be free) and
then enter your AFS path
For example, if your user name is drwallac, then you would enter
\afs\athena.mit.edu\user\d\r\drwallac where the d and r are the first two letters
of the user name.
Click on OK.
- Now, on my computer, you may choose the file space that you have
mapped and copy files to and from it.
- Before you log off, always remember to discard your tokens.
This is done by opening the AFS client (lock icon on the bottom
right), selecting the tokens tab, and then pressing the discard
Using Secure FX 6.0.x from your own PC
If you do not have SecureFX 6.0.x on your computer or you have an old version and want to upgrade:
If SecureFX 6.0.x is already on your computer: