Event registration is a multi-step digital approval process done through Atlas for ensuring that you have a safe and successful event. The information required is necessary to make sure that the appropriate offices are informed about your event. Registration must be completed at least ten (10) business days prior to the event.
What Institute Events Must Be Registered?
- ALL events, on campus, where alcohol will be served.
- Departmentally-sponsored events held off-campus with alcohol do not need to be registered. However, organizers of these events held off campus must notify the appropriate senior officer.
- Off-campus student organization events with alcohol must be registered, and approved by the appropriate offices.
- ALL on-campus events where money will be collected during the course of the event.
- For on-campus events in facilities other than residence halls, where the attendance will exceed 100 people.
- For events in residence halls, any event open to non-residents where the attendance will exceed 100 people OR any event closed to non-residents where the attendance will exceed 250 people.
- ALL events where more than 20% of the audience is (or participants are) expected to be non-MIT community members, including conferences.
- All events that involve working with a non-MIT organization (as co-sponsor or guests).
- All events that involve working with minors (any non-MIT person less than 18 years old).
MIT Events and Information Center
Student Activities Office (SAO)