MIT-recognized student organizations and Institute departments may reserve facilities such as classrooms, multipurpose rooms, auditoriums, barbecue pits, and athletic facilities. Many different offices are responsible for scheduling facilities on campus, but most rooms may be reserved through one of three departments: Schedules Office, DAPER (Athletics), and the Campus Activities Complex. All events are reviewed for appropriate use of space.
Campus Scheduling Guidelines for Recognized Student Organizations
- Your organization must have recognition from the Association of Student Activities (ASA) (W20-401, 253-2696). FSILGs and Residence Halls need to petition the Office of Residential Life (W20-549, 452-4280) for special permission to schedule non-residential facilities.
- Your organization may authorize up to six members to reserve facilities on behalf of the organization. These members must have an MIT ID. Organizations can change signatories on the ASA database. Please see web.mit.edu/asa/www/home.html for additional information.
- If you are sponsoring an outside organization or hosting a conference, you must complete an Event Registration form. All MIT events have priority over non-MIT events, and in certain facilities, charges may be incurred.
- MIT individuals are prohibited from reserving MIT facilities, except for specially approved functions such as wedding, baptism, bar/bat mitvah, and memorial service activities in the MIT Chapel, Religious Activities Center (W11), Faculty Club, and living groups.
- ASA recognized student organizations are restricted from holding events once Orientation begins until the Activities Midway. For clarification, please contact the ASA executive board by email at email@example.com or stop by the Student Activities Office. Requests for exceptions to this rule must be submitted in writing and approved by the ASA.
- Student organizations may only request a total of three (3) dates per term in any of the major facilities on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night. Requests for consecutive weekends will not be granted. Major facilities include Main Kresge, Little Theater, Lobdell, Sala de Puerto Rico, Wong Auditorium, and Morss Hall. Multiple locations for the same date may not be requested. This does not apply to theater productions, conferences, and the like.