Networking for Alumni
Keep in touch with other MIT women in physics on LinkedIn. The group is open to all female graduate students (past and present), all female postdocs and all female faculty and technical staff of the MIT Physics department. Our hope is that people will use the group to:
- reconnect with old friends
- seek advice on transitioning from grad school to industry, grad school
to postdoc, postdoc to staff
- match up in a relaxed way with possible mentors
How to join:
- Go to LinkedIn website.
- Sign up for an account or sign in.
- Search for the group "MIT Wphys".
- Request to join the group. You may need to be approved by the current group administrator.
MIT's Alumni Association also provides a service to stay in touch with other members of the MIT community.
- Go to the MIT Infinite Connection website
- Request your User ID and make an account
- Under "My Account" check "Graduate Women in Physics" in the "Student Activities" tab
- In your Friends List on your Profile, you can do an advanced search for people who also have "Graduate Women in Physics" listed as a Student Activity