Womxn in Physics/Science
- AAS Committee on the Status of Women in Astronomy
- American Institute of Physics Statistical Research Center
- APS Committee on the Status of Women in Physics
- APS Committee on Minorities in Physics
- The Nelson Diversity Surveys
- The Gender Equity Project (V. Valian)
- ADVANCE Increasing the Participation and Advancement of Women in Academic Science and Engineering Careers
- WISELI The Women In Science & Engineering Leadership Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Study on the Status of Women Faculty in Science at MIT
- Percentage of women in the MIT School of Science 1985-1994
The Science and Humanities Libraries are both in Building 14.
- Estrich, Susan. Sex and Power. New York: Riverhead Books, 2000.
availability: Humanities Library - Women's Studies Reading Room | HQ1426.E77 2000
- Fletcher, Joyce K. Disappearing Acts: Gender, Power and Relational Practice at Work. Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c1999.
availability: Dewey Library - Stacks | TA157.F54 1999 Humanities Library - Women's Studies Reading Room | TA157.F54 1999
- Seymour, Elaine. Talking About Leaving: Why Undergraduates Leave the Sciences. Boulder, Colo. : Westview Press, c1997
availability: Humanities Library - Stacks | LC148.2.S495 1996
- Tobias, Sheila. Faces of Feminism: An Activist's Reflections on the Women's Movement. Boulder, Colo. : Westview Press, 1997.
availability: Humanities Library - Women's Studies Reading Room | HQ1426.T64 1997
- Tobias, Sheila. They're Not Dumb, They're Different: Stalking the Second Tier. Tucson, Ariz. (6840 E. Broadway Blvd., Tucson 85710-2815) : Research Corp., c1990.
availability: Humanities Library - Stacks | Q181.T58 1990
- Valian, Virginia. Why so slow?: The Advancement of Women. Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c1999.
availability: Humanities Library - Stacks | HQ1237.V35 1999
availability: Humanities Library - Women's Studies Reading Room | HQ1237.V35 1998
- Halley,-J.-W.; Adjoudani,-A.; Heller,-P.; Terwilliger,-J.-S. The Graduate Record Examination as an indicator of learning of the curriculum taught to physics majors in US institutions. American-Journal-of-Physics. May 1991; 59(5): 403-10
availability: Available in print in the basement of the Science Library at QC.A513 and in the Physics Reading Room (we don't have online access).
- The Secretary of Education's Commission on Opportunity in Athletics. "Open to All": Title IX at Thirty February 2003 report on Title IX (focus is on athletics) available here