|Graduate Women in Physics|
We encourage everyone to organize a dinner or any other event they're interested in. If you have any interest in planning an event contact us!
1. One to two weeks ahead of time: Decide on which day you would like to schedule your lunch/dinner. In general this should be a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday of the week you signed up for. (The idea is to avoid a fixed day of the week since there aren't any days that everyone can be free.) The time for dinner is usually 6:30 pm and for lunch it is 12 pm, but these are not strict guidelines.
2. One week to three days ahead of time: send out an announcement to wphys at mit dot edu with the date and time. Ask them to please RSVP to you. Get the wphys procurement card number from Andrea Schmidt (aews [at] mit [dot] edu) or from Sean Robinson in 4-315. Be sure to use MIT's tax exemption number, which can be found at the bottom of this page.
3. Two days before: Order the food and charge the order directly to the credit card. Check out some restaurant delivery aggregate sites such as CampusFood and DiningIn for ideas. Make sure the restaurant will deliver to MIT, and also to ask if there is any sort of MIT or student discount available. Make sure to check the "current dietary requirements" at the end of this page. Typically dinners come out to about $10-15 per person and lunch is about $6-8 per person. Tips to the delivery person should stay within the 15% range and written into the receipt. Have the food delivered about 15-5 minutes before the lunch/dinner is scheduled to start.
4. The day of: Call the restaurant to confirm the order and delivery. Send out one last reminder to wphys. You need to be there waiting in 6C-247 so plan to arrive a little early. Get an itemized receipt. KEEP THE RECEIPT.
5. Make sure to clean up afterwards.
6. The next day: For reimbursement, follow these instructions.
Current dietary requirements: