|Graduate Women in Physics|
1. One to two weeks ahead of time: Decide on possible days you would like to schedule your lunch/dinner and send out a Doodle poll. Ask about any dietary restrictions.
2. One week ahead of time: Send out an announcement to the wphys-16 at mit email list with the date and time. Ask for RSVPs so you know roughly how much food to get.
3. Two days before: Order the food. Check out some restaurant delivery aggregate sites such as DiningIn for ideas, and be sure that they can deliver to MIT at the time you want. Order some dishes that meet the "current dietary requirements" at the end of this page, or ask people what their requirements are when you ask for RSVPs. Typically dinners come out to about $10-15 per person and lunch is about $6-8 per person. Tips to the delivery person should stay within the 15% range and be written into the receipt. Have the food delivered at least 15 minutes before the lunch/dinner is scheduled to start. Be sure to request that the order be sales-tax free, using MIT's tax exemption number, 04-2103594. They may want the forms ST-2 and/or ST-5, which can be found at the bottom of this page.
4. The day of: Call the restaurant to confirm the order and delivery. Send out one last reminder to wphys-16. Arrive a little early to 6C-247 or wherever else you agreed to meet the delivery person at (it is often easier to arrange to meet them on the street or at an easier-to-find location on campus.) Get an itemized receipt. Save the receipt so you can be reimbursed. Make sure the room gets cleaned up after the event.
5. The next day: For reimbursement, follow these instructions.
Current dietary requirements: