For those of you new to the choir (and as a reminder to the
rest), concert dress is formal. In other words, start
looking for something to wear. Information on what both women and men are expected to
wear is below. If you have questions that are not answered by the
information below, please ask our stage manager or conductor.
Do NOT wear:
- any scented personal care item
as some people are allergic to such items. Do, however, wear deodorant
Women are expected to wear:
- black shoes
- black nylons
- floor-length black skirt or black slacks.
- black blouse with some sleeve (short or long, but not
sleeveless) and without frills.
- no jewelry please!
Some places close to MIT to buy dress skirts:
- Urban Outfitters
- Across Newbury Street from former Tower Records (now
Megastore) at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Newbury St.
- The Gap, 201 Newbury Street, 267-4055
- The Gap, 100 Cambridgeside Plaza, 864-2255
- J. Crew, 100 Cambridgeside Plaza, 225-2739
- Ann Taylor, 100 Cambridgeside Plaza, 225-2779
In Boston (in roughly increasing order of price):
- Filene’s Basement, 426 Washington St., 542-2011
- Marianne, 25 Winter St., 426-9407
- Contempo Casuals, 11 Winter St., 695-3590
- Images, 417 Washington St., 482-0058
- In the Corner Mall, second floor.
- The Limited Express, 333 Washington St., 227-8264
- Filene’s, 426 Washington St., 357-2100
- Jordan Marsh, 450 Washington St., 357-3000
- The Gap, Market Place Center, 951-9300
- In the Corner Mall.
- Saks Fifth Avenue, Prudential Plaza, 262-8500
- Ann Taylor, 800 Boylston St., 421-9097
Men are expected to wear:
- black dress shoes (not sneakers)
- black socks
- black tuxedo (pants and jacket without tails)
- black tie
- black shirt
One convenient place you can go to purchase or rent a tuxedo
is Keezer’s, 140 River
St., Cambridge (map).
Directions to Keezer’s:
- Walk North up Massachusetts Avenue to the Central Square
Stop. Magazine St., River St., and Western Ave. will be on your left at
the traffic light; Prospect St. will be on your right.
- Turn left onto River Street by walking past the
area toward the red-brick church. You should keep the church just to
your left as you walk past it.
- Keezer’s will be on your left about 5 blocks
the church (just past a triangular patch of grass). If you pass a
traffic light, you’ve gone too far.