For those of you new to the choir (and as a reminder to the
rest), concert dress is formal. In other words, start
looking for something to wear now. Information is listed below for
dress or slacks and tuxedo.
There are also special instructions for concerts
with non-standard dress code.
If you have questions that are not answered by the information below,
please ask one of the officers.
Do NOT wear:
- any scented personal care item
as some people are allergic to such items. Do, however, wear deodorant
Dress or Slacks
If you do not wear a tux, you must wear:
- black shoes
- black slacks or a black skirt which is at least
- black blouse with some sleeve (short or long, but not
sleeveless) and without frills.
Some places close to MIT to buy dress skirts:
- Urban Outfitters
- Across Newbury Street from former Tower Records (now
Megastore) at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Newbury St.
- The Gap, 201 Newbury Street, 267-4055
- The Gap, 100 Cambridgeside Plaza, 864-2255
- J. Crew, 100 Cambridgeside Plaza, 225-2739
- Ann Taylor, 100 Cambridgeside Plaza, 225-2779
In Boston (in roughly increasing order of price):
- Filene’s Basement, 426 Washington St., 542-2011
- Marianne, 25 Winter St., 426-9407
- Contempo Casuals, 11 Winter St., 695-3590
- Images, 417 Washington St., 482-0058
- In the Corner Mall, second floor.
- The Limited Express, 333 Washington St., 227-8264
- Filene’s, 426 Washington St., 357-2100
- Jordan Marsh, 450 Washington St., 357-3000
- The Gap, Market Place Center, 951-9300
- In the Corner Mall.
- Saks Fifth Avenue, Prudential Plaza, 262-8500
- Ann Taylor, 800 Boylston St., 421-9097
Tenors and baritones in particular are encouraged to wear:
- black dress shoes (not sneakers, closed toe)
- black socks
- black tuxedo (pants and jacket without tails)
- thin black tie
- white shirt
One convenient place you can go to purchase or rent a tuxedo
is Keezer’s, 1738 Massachusetts
Ave., Cambridge (map).
For some concerts, we may instead use a "fancy dress"
code. This applies to the GLORIA concert on November 10, 2018.
- Dress should be black and white - no other colors
- Skirts should be at least knee-length
- Clothing should be "festive"