Students can register
to receive 6 units (0-4-2) of music performance credit for their
participation in Concert Choir. This credit may be used to fulfill a
HASS concentration, minor, or major in Music (21M). There are no
prerequisites. Your grade in Concert Choir will be determined using
the following criteria:
- Juries: Midterm and Final, 50%
- A = pitches and rhythms accurate, expressive markings
observed, accurate diction
- B = pitches and rhythms accurate
- C = mistakes in pitches and/or rhythms
- D = did you come to rehearsals??
- Attendance (rehearsals and sectionals): 40%
- Regardless of whether you are taking the class for credit, three missed
rehearsals or sectionals will warrant a re-audition with Bill (to make
sure you are learning the material).
- For those taking the course for credit, each unexcused
absence after the three will result in the lowering of your grade a
letter name. Absences can be excused by Bill (preferably before the
- Excused absences include: health (doctor's note
required), family emergency, job interview.
- Attendance at dress rehearsals is mandatory. Missing a
dress rehearsal will result in the drop of a letter in your grade.
- Service requirement: 10%
- Please see the description here.