Internship programme allows students to experience firsthand the rigours of industry-centric projects
The SMA Internship Programme is designed to allow students to gain real-life work experience and test the skills acquired while in SMA. The internship experience goes towards fulfilling part of their NUS or NTU Master's degree requirements.
As part of this programme, students intern at SMA's industry partners to work on research or industry-related projects. The work experiences afforded by the internship programme help to stretch students' potential and abilities to the fullest as they apply innovative strategies to combat real-life industry-related problems. Besides familiarising themselves with industry requirements, SMA students also get the opportunity to model themselves after the mentors they are assigned to. This exposes them to the rigours of leadership roles in their respective fields of specialisation.
In addition, the internship programme allows industrial partners to evaluate the quality and potential of SMA students as prospective employees.
SMA is grateful to the following organisations that have participated in the SMA Internship Programme in the 2009/2010 academic year:
- Advanced Micro Devices Pte Ltd
- Alphadyne Asset Management Pte Ltd
- BreadTalk Group Ltd
- EADS Singapore Pte Ltd
- Efergy Technologies Ltd (Singapore)
- Exxonmobile Research and Engineering Company
- Institute Of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN), A*STAR
- Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC), A*STAR
- Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), A*STAR
- Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd
- Merrill Lynch International Bank Ltd (Singapore Branch, Merchant Bank)
- Port of Singapore Authority (PSA)
- Schlumberger Reda Production Systems
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre
- Tetra Pak Jurong Pte Ltd
- Vestas Technology R&D Singapore Pte Ltd