Private Transit Subsidy for Employees
The Parking and Transportation Office offers another incentive to employees in order to decrease the number of those who commute to work by car. All eligible MIT employees who use privately operated modes of transportation to get to work may participate. View the list of other private transit providers.
The maximum benefit for employees who qualify is 50% reimbursement of your monthly commuting cost, up to $120.00 per month. In order to qualify for the subsidy, you must complete the following steps:
- Print out the Private Transit Subsidy application
- Fill out the application completely
- Specify which private transit company you use to commute
- Indicate if you are enrolled in the T-pass or Parking Program
- Photocopy proof of your bus or train ticket receipts and include with application
- Fax or mail your application and receipts to Robynn Cruz in Room W20-022. Fax: 617-258-6357
Once you have completed the above steps and mailed or faxed the paperwork to the Parking and Transportation Office, we will confirm your eligibility. Commuter checks (or vouchers) will be mailed to you. Each month you will submit your receipts from your private transit (bus or train) tickets and our office will mail commuter checks to you for the following month.
Although the program is for a 50% reimbursement, please note that if you currently receive a T-pass subsidy, the amount of reimbursement you receive may be reduced. For example:
With a Bus Pass, your maximum reimbursement will be $77.00/mo
With a Link Pass, your maximum reimbursement will be $55.00/mo
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.