Hop a Shuttle and Reduce Travel Time
No Grocery Shuttles - Sunday, May 26
Due to road closures throughout Cambridge on Sunday, May 26, the grocery shuttles, including both the Costco & Target Shuttle and the Trader Joes & Whole Foods Market Shuttle, will not be in service. We apologize for this inconvenience.
New shuttle signs and contact information
Keep an eye out for new shuttle stop signs that will mark stop locations and detail which shuttles service each stop. Have a shuttle question or issue? Contact our team at 617-253-1440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Whatever the time of day, your call will be directed to the team working during that time.
A variety of shuttle services are available to safely transport members of the MIT community to, from, and around the MIT campus.
Daytime weekday shuttle services
- The Tech Shuttle operated by the Parking & Transportation Office and free with MIT ID, provides a safe means of transportation around the Cambridge campus from 6:15 AM 11:00 PM weekdays.
- Boston Daytime Shuttle operated by the Parking and Transportation Office and free with MIT ID, runs from 8:00 AM to 5:55 PM weekdays during the school year, traveling from Massachusetts Avenue on the Cambridge campus to Commonwealth Avenue in Boston.
- EZRide free with MIT ID, offers morning and evening routes around the Cambridge campus and to North Station via Lechmere, as well as midday routes on the Cambridge campus.
Evening SafeRide shuttle services
- SafeRide free with MIT ID, provides a safe means of transportation at night seven days a week, operating from 6:00 PM 2:30 AM Sunday through Wednesday and 6:00 PM 3:30 AM Thursday through Saturday. SafeRide travels within and around the MIT campus and to some Boston neighborhoods where MIT students live.
- Airport Shuttle available by reservation for a fee, the airport shuttle is operated by the Parking and Transportation Office and provides service to Logan Airport just prior to the Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring breaks.
- The Grocery and Weekend Shuttles free with MIT ID
- The Lincoln Lab Shuttle free with MIT ID, provides service between the MIT Cambridge campus and Lincoln Lab
- The Wellesley College Shuttle operates weekdays and is free for students with MIT ID; staff and faculty must purchase tickets at the Parking and Transportation Office
- M2 Shuttle tickets for sale at the Parking and Transportation Office
General MIT Shuttle Rules:
Note: Drivers will enforce all regulations. Service will be refused to anyone who does not comply with regulations or whose behavior is disruptive or hazardous to passenger and vehicle safety.
Shuttle questions? Call 617-253-1440 or email email@example.com.