Keeping MIT Shining
Cleaning Requests related to COVID-19
Questions regarding COVID-19 cleaning services may be directed to Marty O’Brien, senior manager of Campus Services, via email or phone (office 617-253-6728, cell 617-593-8997). If you have questions related to possible exposure to COVID-19, visit the MIT Medical site.
The Custodial Services group works to maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout MIT to support a comfortable learning environment. Custodians work round-the-clock shifts to minimize inconvenience while providing efficient, services to classrooms, labs, offices, and public spaces. Each team's mission is to treat customers in a courteous, professional manner and to provide timely responses to special requests and emergencies.
To order cleaning services go to Service Requests in Atlas. Below is a list of some of the services available. There is no charge for our Basic Services, but there is for our Special Services, so be sure you have a Cost Object you can use to order these services.
- Cleaning classrooms, labs, offices
- Cleaning entrances, lobbies, restrooms, and corridors
- Remove trash and recycling waste
- Emergency responses to bad weather or accidents
Special Services (Requires a Fee)
- Cleaning blinds, drapes, upholstery, refrigerators, exterior windows, etc.
- Non-scheduled cleaning areas
- Set up tables and chairs for events
MIT's Custodial Services does not provide services to non-facilities buildings such as dormitories and some leased properties such as Draper Lab, Technology Square, Whitehead and Broad Institute.