Keeping MIT Shining
The Custodial Services group works to maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout MIT to support a comfortable learning environment. Custodians work round-the-clock shifts to minimize inconvenience while providing efficient, services to classrooms, labs, offices, and public spaces. Each team's mission is to treat customers in a courteous, professional manner and to provide timely responses to special requests and emergencies.
To order services from Custodial Services, Grounds Services or Repair and Maintenance, use the Campus tab in Atlas. Below is a list of some of the services available. There is no charge for our Basic Services, but there is for our Special Services, so be sure you have a Cost Object you can use to order these services.
- Cleaning classrooms, labs, offices
- Cleaning entrances, lobbies, restrooms, and corridors
- Remove trash and recycling waste
- Emergency responses to bad weather or accidents
Special Services (Requires a Fee)
- Set up tables and chairs for events
- Cleaning blinds, drapes, upholstery
- Non-scheduled cleaning areas
Request a Furniture Setup
Items available for events (please order at least five days in advance)
- 6-foot rectangular tables
- Folding chairs
- Coat racks
- Trash barrels
- Recycling bins (for paper)
- Recycling bins (for bottles, cans, or plastic)
MIT's Custodial Services does not provide services to non-facilities buildings such as dormitories and some leased properties such as Draper Lab, Technology Square, Whitehead and Broad Institute.
More info? Visit the Custodial Services web page.