Key Services and Lock Repairs
Whether you need to order new keys, replace a lost key, return a key, or repair a lock, the Service Requests section of Atlas is the place to start. Most of these services are available at no cost.
Ordering a key
- To order keys go to Service Requests in Atlas. Click on Create Request, then Keys.
- When you fill out the form, you will need to provide the name of your DLC’s key approver (also known as a Key Authorizer; you can find a current list of key approvers here). When you submit the request, the key approver will be notified and will review it.
- The key approver approves and submits the key request. When the key is ready, an email notice will be sent that says your key is ready for pickup. This may take only a day, if your key is already in inventory. If the key has to be ordered, it may take 3-5 days or longer. (The person identified on the request form as the pickup person will receive the emailed notice, as will the key approver.)
- The key can be picked up at the Customer Service Center in Building
7-019, between 8 AM and 4 PM. To pick up the key, you will need the emailed pickup notice and a valid MIT ID or a government-issued ID.
The Customer Service Center provides keys at no cost, with the exception of certain bulk key orders (see below).
File cabinet and desk keys
If you need a replacement key for your desk or file cabinet, you should visit Cubiclekeys.com and click on "Replacement Keys" (you won’t do this through Atlas).
Returning a key
- To return a key, go to Service Requests in Atlas. Click on Create Request, then Keys, and then choose Return as the service type. Complete the form.
- When you submit the request, your key approver will be notified.
- You will receive a return receipt by email from the Customer Service Center.
- Bring this return receipt with you when you return the key, which you can return either to your key approver or to the Customer Service Center (no appointment necessary).
Bulk key orders (10 keys or more)
If you are requesting 10 or more keys, there will be a fee. A Cost Object field will appear on the request form for you to fill out.
Lock repairs and installations
- To request a lock repair, go to Service Requests in Atlas. Click on Create Request, then Locks. Complete the form.
- Note that the Locks tab is separate from the Repairs tab on the Create Request page in Atlas.
- If you are requesting a lock installation, there will be a fee. A Cost Object field will appear on the request form for you to fill out.