Keeping MIT Running Efficiently
The Repair & Maintenance service area keeps MIT buildings' mechanical and structural systems working efficiently and reliably. Below is a list of some of the services we provide to customers in MIT owned buildings. To find out whether your building is maintained by Facilities, visit the R&M teams web page. If your building is not serviced by R&M, it may be on this list.
To request building repairs or installations go to the Campus tab in Atlas. Click on Create Request. Then click either Repairs or Installations.
There is no charge for Basic Services but there is for Special Services, so you will need a cost object number when ordering Special Services. If you would like to speak to someone about charges before the work begins, check the Request an Estimate box.
There is no charge for repairs or adjustments to building systems such as:
- Lights, shades and windows
- Domestic water, process water and drainage systems
- Blackboards, doors, elevators, floors, ceilings
- Lab fume hoods
- Building clocks
- Electrical, piping, mechanical or structural systems
- HVAC systems
- Piping systems
- Other repairs as needed
Although Facilities does not charge MIT customers for building repairs, there may be a cost associated with other services including installation and upgrades. Some services that you may need to pay for include:
- Major and minor renovations
- Electrical upgrades and installations
- Office painting and furniture repair
- Install cabinets, countertops, shelves, coat hooks
- Relocate, remove, or hang wall fixtures
- Other services as needed
Look-up a Work Requests
When completing the work request, remember to write down the work request number in case you need to refer to it later. Look up the status of your work request by going to the Campus tab in Atlas. Then go to My Requests.