Hop a Shuttle and Reduce Travel Time
SafeRide adds OnDemand service for late night
On Monday, February 12, were launching a pilot program to provide a new SafeRide OnDemand shuttle on the MIT campus. SafeRide will continue to operate as a fixed-route circulating shuttle from 6 PM-11 PM each night. From 11 PM through the end of service, SafeRide will switch to an OnDemand mode. Riders can use the TransLoc Rider mobile application or online service to request a pickup and drop-off at any location within the SafeRide zone. This program developed in collaboration with the Undergraduate Association and Graduate Student Council will enhance our after-hours shuttle services for members of the MIT community. Were planning to run the pilot through the beginning of June 2018, and we are seeking rider feedback to evaluate the program for possible long-term implementation.
A variety of shuttle services are available to safely transport members of the MIT community to, from, and around the MIT campus.
Daytime weekday shuttle services
- The TECH Shuttle operated by the Parking and Transportation Office and free with MIT ID, provides a safe means of transportation around the Cambridge campus from 6:15 AM 7:10 PM weekdays.
- Daytime Boston Shuttle runs from 8:00 AM to 5:55 PM weekdays during the school year, traveling from Massachusetts Avenue on the Cambridge campus to Commonwealth Avenue in Boston; operated by the Parking and Transportation Office and free with MIT ID.
- EZRide free with MIT ID, offering morning and evening routes around the Cambridge campus and to North Station via Lechmere, as well as midday routes on the Cambridge campus.
Evening SafeRide shuttle services
- SafeRide provides a safe means of transportation at night within and around the MIT campus and runs seven days a week, operating from 6:00 PM 2:30 AM Sunday through Wednesday and 6:00 PM 3:30 AM Thursday through Saturday. Free with MIT ID.
- Airport Shuttle available by reservation for a fee, the airport shuttle is operated by the Parking and Transportation Office and provides service to Logan Airport just prior to the Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring breaks.
- The Grocery and Weekend Shuttles free with MIT ID
- The Lincoln Lab Shuttle free with MIT ID, provides service between the MIT Cambridge campus and Lincoln Lab
- The Wellesley College Shuttle operates weekdays and is free for students with MIT ID; staff and faculty must purchase tickets at the Parking and Transportation Office
- M2 Shuttle tickets for sale at the Parking and Transportation Office
General MIT Shuttle Rules:
Note: Drivers will enforce all regulations. Service will be refused to anyone who does not comply with regulations or whose behavior is disruptive or hazardous to passenger and vehicle safety.