Hop a Shuttle and Reduce Travel Time
Shuttle service changes (update for August 31)
Please note the shuttle service will be using the smaller 14-passenger shuttles instead of the larger 30-passenger vehicles.
A variety of shuttle services are available to safely transport members of the MIT community to, from, and around the MIT campus.
Daytime weekday shuttle services
- The Tech Shuttle operated by the Parking & Transportation Office and free with MIT ID, provides a safe means of transportation around the Cambridge campus from 6:15 AM 7:45 PM weekdays.
- Boston Daytime Shuttle Boston Daytime shuttle service has been suspended until further notice.
- EZRide free with MIT ID, offers morning and evening routes around the Cambridge campus and to North Station via Lechmere, as well as midday routes on the Cambridge campus. Please note EZRide shuttle service is operating on a temporarily reduced schedule due to the COVID-19 situation.
Evening SafeRide shuttle services
- SafeRide free with MIT ID, provides a safe means of transportation at night seven days a week, currently operating from 6:00 PM 2:30 AM Sunday through Saturday. SafeRide travels within and around the MIT campus and to some Boston neighborhoods where MIT students live.
- Airport Shuttle available by reservation for a fee, the airport shuttle is operated by the Parking and Transportation Office and provides service to Logan Airport just prior to the Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring breaks
- The Grocery and Weekend Shuttles free with MIT ID
- The Lincoln Lab Shuttle free with MIT ID, provides service between the MIT Cambridge campus and Lincoln Lab
- The Wellesley College Shuttle operates weekdays and is free for students with MIT ID; staff and faculty must purchase tickets at the Parking and Transportation Office
- M2 Shuttle tickets for sale at the Parking and Transportation Office
General MIT Shuttle Rules:
Note: Drivers will enforce all regulations. Service will be refused to anyone who does not comply with regulations or whose behavior is disruptive or hazardous to passenger and vehicle safety.
Shuttle questions? Call 617-253-1440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.