Ronald R. Parker
Professor of Nuclear Engineering, and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Tufts University, 1960
M.S., Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1963
Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1967
6.002 Circuits and Electronics (Undergraduate)
22.62 Fusion Energy (Graduate)
Honors and Awards
- ERDA Distinguished Associate Award
- Fellow, American Physical Society
- APS Award for Excellence in Plasma Physics
- National Academy of Engineering
Selected Recent Publications
- R. Parker, "ITER In-Vessel System Design and Performance," Nuclear Fusion 40(2000) 473.
- P. T. Bonoli, R. R. Parker, M. Porkolab, et. al., "Modelling of Advanced Tokamak Scenarios with LHCD in Alcator C-MOD," Nuclear Fusion 40(2000)1251.
- R. Parker, "Design and Issues of the ITER In-Vessel Components," Fusion Engineering and Design, 39-40(1998)1.
- R. Parker, G. Janeschitz, H. D. Pacher, et. al., "Plasma Wall Interactions in ITER," J. Nucl. Mater. 241-243(1997)1.
- R. Parker, "The ITER Device in Diagnostics for Experimental Thermonuclear Fusion Reactors," P. E. Stott, G. Gorini and E. Sindoni, eds, Plenum Press, NY (1996).
- V. Tang and R. R. Parker, "The Fusion-Fission Hybrid Revisited: Preliminary Analysis of a Fusion Driven thorium Burner," IAEA International Workshop on Blanket and Fusion Concept for the Transmutation of Actinides, San Diego, CA(2001).
- R. Parker, S. Bernabei, P. Bonoli et al., "Advanced Tokamak Modes in Alcator C-MOD Using Lower Hybrid Current Drive," Proc. 2nd IAEA Tech Comm Mtg on Steady-state Operation of Magnetic Fusion Devices, Fukuoka, Japan (2000).
- R.R. Parker,"ITER In-Vessel System Design and Performance," 17th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, Yokohama, Japan (Invited) (1998).
Labs + Groups