Ph.D. U. Quebec 1993
M.Sc. U. Quebec 1989
B. Eng. U. Saskatchewan 1986
- Ruth and Joel Spira Award for Distinguished Teaching
- Fellow, American Physical Society Division of Plasma Physics
- Department of Energy Plasma Physics Junior Faculty Award
Magnetic Fusion Energy: Boundary plasma physics, advanced plasma confinement regimes in tokamaks, plasma diagnostics, mitigation of disruption damages
Plasma-Surface Interactions: basic physics of plasma-material interfaces, dynamic measurement techniques for material evolution under plasma bombardment, implications of plasma-surface interactions in magnetic fusion reactors
Accelerators and Surface Analysis: low-energy nuclear scattering techniques for material analysis and damage, development of in-situ surface diagnostic methods for magnetic fusion
- R. M. Churchill, C. Theiler, B. Lipschultz, I. H. Hutchinson, M. L. Reinke, D. Whyte, J. W. Hughes, P. Catto, M. Landermann, D. Ernst, C. S. Chang, R. Hager, A. Hubbard, P. Ennever, J. R. Wwalk and Alcator C-Mod Team, “Poloidal asymmetries in edge transport barriers,” Physics of Plasmas, 22, 056104, 2015.
- R. R. Parker, P. T. Bonoli, S. Shiraiwa, G. M. Wallace, B. LaBombard, I. C. Faust, M. Porkolab and D. G. Whyte, “High density LHRF experiements in Alcator C-Mod and implications for reactor scale devices,” Nuclear Fusion 55 (4), 043009, March, 2015.
- S. J. Zinkle, J. P. Blanchard, R. W. Callis, C. E. Kessel, R. J. Kurtz, P. J. Lee, K. A. McCarthy, N. B. Morley, F. Najmabadi, R. E. Nygren, G. R. Tynan, D. G. Whyte, R. S. Willms and B. D. Wirth, “Fusion materials science and technology research opportunities now and during the ITER era,” Fusion Engineering and Design 89 (7–8), 1579–1585, October, 2014.
- A. E. White, M. Barnes, A. Dominguez, M. Greenwald, N. T. Howard, A. E. Hubbard, J. W. Hughes, D. R. Mikkelsen, F. I. Parra, M. L. Reinke, C. Sung, J. Walk and D. G. Whyte, “Reduction of core turbulence in I-mode plasmas in Alcator C-Mod,” Nuclear Fusion 54 (8), 083019, July, 2014.
- J. R. Walk, J. W. Hughes, A. E. Hubbard, J. L. Terry, D. G. Whyte, A. E. White, S. G. Baek, M. L. Reinke, C. Theiler, R. M. Churchill, J. E. Rice, P. B. Snyder, T. Osborne, A. Dominguez and I. Cziegler, "“Edge-localized mode avoidance and pedestal structure in I-mode plasmas,” Physics of Plasmas (5), 056103, April, 2014.
- G. M. Wright, H. A. Barnard, L. A. Kesler, E. E. Peterson, P. W. Stahle, R. M. Sullivan, D. G. Whyte and K. B. Woller, “An experiment on the dynamics of ion implantation and sputtering of surfaces,” Review of Scientific Instruments 85 (2), February 2014.
- R. Ochoukov, D. G. Whyte, D. Brunner, D. A. D'Ippolito, B. LaBombard, B. Lipschultz, J. R. Myra, J. L. Terry and S. J. Wukitch, “ICRF-enhanced plasma potentials in the SOL of Alcator C-Mod,” Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion 56 (1), January 2014.
- C. M. Cooper, J. Wallace, M. Brookhart, M. Clark, C. Collins, W. X. Ding, K. Flanagan, I. Khalzov, Y. Li, J. Milhone, M. Nornberg, P. Nonn, D. Weisberg, D. G. Whyte, E. Zweibel and C. B. Forest, “The Madison plasma dynamo experiment: A facility for studying laboratory plasma astrophysics,” Physics of Plasmas 21 (1), January 2014.
22.62 Fusion energy
22.63 Fusion Technology
22.01 Introduction to Nuclear Engineering and Ionizing Radiation