Making sure your package arrives safely
Shipping: export and import issues
Next day deliveries
As of January 2005, you can add UPS to the vendors who will now deliver overnight to your desktop. Other carriers include: DHL and FedEx.
Two day deliveries
If you're receiving a two-day incoming shipment, it is best to use FedEx or DHL to avoid additional delivery time. UPS two day shipments are still dropped off at shipping and receiving. They are then sorted and delivered by Mail Services personnel.
Which Shipping/Receiving Room should you use?
Use the Building E19 Shipping/Receiving Room
400 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142; 617-253-1641
for ground deliveries to:
- Buildings E14, E15, E17, E18, E19, E23, E25, E40, E51, E52, E53, E60, E62, and 68
- Any other East Side building should use street address with room number.
- Office hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday.
Use the Building 32 Shipping/Receiving Room
32 Vassar Street, Cambridge, MA 02139; 617-253-4744
for ground deliveries to these buildings:
- All of Main Campus, except buildings served by the E19 Shipping/Receiving Room.
- Office hours are from 8AM to 4PM Monday through Friday.
Use your street address for ALL deliveries to buildings in the NE, NW, W, N, and EE sections of Campus:
- All NE, NW, W, N, and EE buildings
Always use your MIT Room Number
More info? Visit Mail Services web page.