Charge electric vehicles onsite with ChargePoint
MIT students, faculty, staff and visitors may now charge electric vehicles while parked on campus. There are currently 20 charging-station spaces available inside the Stata and E62 garages, the North Area at Building 46, and the West Area at WW15.
To use the charging stations, you need to set up a ChargePoint account and receive a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) card. Drivers can also set up a charge pass or pay by phone at 1-888-758-4389. Individual charges are credited to the customer’s account.
- An electric vehicle that charges for two hours while parked for any period of time will pay a fee of $0.50 per hour for every hour the vehicle is actively charging
- Stata and E62 spaces are open to MIT staff, students, and faculty
- North Area at Building 46 and the West Area at WW15 are open to all
- Use the ChargePoint app to locate and reserve open stations
- An electric charging station locator map is also available on the ChargePoint website
ChargePoint is just one of several environmentally friendly commuter options offered through the Parking and Transportation Office. If you have any questions about this or other programs available to the community, contact email@example.com.