As a full- or part-time employee of MIT or emeritus faculty, you can request on-campus parking privileges online. If you are open to alternative options, we encourage you to explore our commuter benefits programs, many of which offer subsidies and reimbursements. For benefits-eligible employees on the Cambridge campus, the Access MIT program includes a free local bus and subway pass in your MIT ID.
You can log into your parking dashboard at any time to view and/or change your account details.
Who is eligible: All current MIT employees who commute, including paid and unpaid emeritus faculty.
- If you live on campus, please see our campus resident page.
- If you are a retired employee or faculty member, please see our affiliate page.
- For any questions regarding parking at Lincoln Laboratory, please contact the departmental Parking Coordinator for Lincoln Lab.
Cost of parking: Employees in both gated and ungated on-campus lots pay a daily parking fee for each day you park at your designated location, up to an established annual cap. For emeritus faculty, the annual cap is discounted. (Note: The annual fee has been eliminated.) Current parking rates can be viewed here.
- Employee payment can be made by payroll deduction or via credit card auto-pay.
- Paid professors emeriti can make payments via payroll deduction or credit card auto-pay. Unpaid professors emeriti can make payments via credit card auto-pay.
- A limited number of employees assigned to off-campus lots pay a monthly fee.
- The annual cap is reset each September.
Number of vehicles: Employees and emeritus faculty can register up to three permanent vehicles (including motorcycles) on your parking account. However, please note that only one vehicle at a time may be parked on campus under each account.
No need to renew: Once you establish a parking account, the account is maintained continuously until you cancel it. You can cancel parking at any time during the year through your online parking dashboard or by contacting the Parking & Transportation Office.
Carpools: Employees and students may form carpools for commuting purposes. Read more about carpools in our All parkers FAQ.
Parking location: The Parking & Transportation Office makes its best effort to find you a parking space within reasonable walking distance of where you work, based on lot availability and capacity. Location information is always available to view on your parking dashboard.