Guidelines for Obtaining an Employee Parking Permit
Once your parking coordinator has notified you that your application is ready to be filled out, follow these steps to apply:
1. Log in to the parking permit system via Atlas. Click on the link MIT Parking Permits.
2. Click on the “Employee or Student Permits” button.
3. Complete the application and confirm or edit vehicle information.
4. Choose payment method (you can choose “payroll deduction” or “pay by credit”).
5. Review the information you have entered.
6. Submit the application.
7. If you selected “payroll deduction,” you have completed the application process. If you selected “pay by credit card,” you will be guided through the process.
8. The Parking and Transportation Office will issue the permit through your Parking Coordinator. Place the sticker in the correct location inside the car.
After you submit the application, it goes into the Parking and Transportation Office queue. Neither you nor the Parking Coordinator can make changes to a submitted application. Email the Parking and Transportation Office at email@example.com if you need to make a change.
Please note that if you have outstanding violations, you will be reminded at the final online display. The application remains in the Parking and Transportation Office queue, but no permit will be issued until the violations are paid. This matter is between you and the Parking and Transportation Office, not with your department.
Out of state vehicles
If you are a full- or part-time employee whose vehicles are registered out-of-state, after 30 days in the aggregate, check your legal status to assure compliance with the state and local regulations before contacting your Parking Coordinator.
- Non-tinted windows
- Upper back corner of the driver’s side window
- Upper front corner of the driver’s side passenger window
- Tinted windows
- Lower windshield on the driver’s side
Note: any sticker not properly displayed will be considered invalid.
Remove them on the expiration date, or when a car is sold or otherwise disposed of.
You have the right to cancel your parking at any time and for any reason. Once you decide to cancel your parking, you must return your parking sticker to the Parking and Transportation Office. Upon receipt of your sticker, the office will stop payroll deductions.
If parking was prepaid by credit card, any amount due will be refunded when the Parking and Transportation Office receives the parking sticker.
Note: parking fees are prorated on a calendar month basis only. For example, if you cancel your parking on April 3rd, you will be charged for the entire month of April.
You may cancel your parking through your online parking account.