B.S., Electrical Engineering, Tufts University, 1960
M.S., Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1963
Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1967
Honors and Awards
- ERDA Distinguished Associate Award
- Fellow, American Physical Society
- APS Award for Excellence in Plasma Physics
- National Academy of Engineering
Selected Recent Publications
- R. Parker, "ITER In-Vessel System Design and Performance," Nuclear Fusion 40(2000) 473.
- P. T. Bonoli, R. R. Parker, M. Porkolab, et. al., "Modelling of Advanced Tokamak Scenarios with LHCD in Alcator C-MOD," Nuclear Fusion 40(2000)1251.
- R. Parker, "Design and Issues of the ITER In-Vessel Components," Fusion Engineering and Design, 39-40(1998)1.
- R. Parker, G. Janeschitz, H. D. Pacher, et. al., "Plasma Wall Interactions in ITER," J. Nucl. Mater. 241-243(1997)1.
- R. Parker, "The ITER Device in Diagnostics for Experimental Thermonuclear Fusion Reactors," P. E. Stott, G. Gorini and E. Sindoni, eds, Plenum Press, NY (1996).
- V. Tang and R. R. Parker, "The Fusion-Fission Hybrid Revisited: Preliminary Analysis of a Fusion Driven thorium Burner," IAEA International Workshop on Blanket and Fusion Concept for the Transmutation of Actinides, San Diego, CA(2001).
- R. Parker, S. Bernabei, P. Bonoli et al., "Advanced Tokamak Modes in Alcator C-MOD Using Lower Hybrid Current Drive," Proc. 2nd IAEA Tech Comm Mtg on Steady-state Operation of Magnetic Fusion Devices, Fukuoka, Japan (2000).
- R.R. Parker,"ITER In-Vessel System Design and Performance," 17th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, Yokohama, Japan (Invited) (1998).
6.002 Circuits and Electronics (Undergraduate)
22.62 Fusion Energy (Graduate)